Enchanting Day Trip from Rome: Tivoli - Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este
This enchanting day trip from Rome takes you to Tivoli where you will explore two unique locations: Hadrian’s Villa and Villa d’Este.
Our expert guide takes you through these undiscovered wonders, delving into the fascinating past of Emperor Hadrian’s Villa and the majestic Renaissance- built Villa d’Este with its enchanting gardens rich with a magnificent system of fountains. Both destinations truly deserve their UNESCO world heritage site status.
This bus and walking sightseeing tour is the perfect off-the-beaten path excursion outside of the bustling city – and the best way to see one of the most beautiful places to visit in Rome.
- This enchanting day trip from Rome begins with a 40-minute bus ride to Hadrian’s Villa. The vastness of Hadrian’s estate is a sight that will surely impress. The Emperor chose to build his residence outside the city in a place rich in water, in order to build the famous Canopus, one of the most preserved sites left in the complex. The statues surrounding this pool of water create stunning reflections on its surface, beautifully surrounded by luscious green gardens.
- A short bus ride brings you to Tivoli town center – where you will have time to explore and enjoy lunch before the next walking tour.
- We will leave the alluring ruins of the 2nd century A.D. far behind as we travel on to the 14th century to our second destination, Villa d’Este - one of the most beautiful Renaissance villas in Italy. This splendid palace, with its extraordinary gardens filled with hundreds of fountains, will leave you feeling captivated. Bernini’s monumental Neptune’s Fountain is considered the most impressive, its water jets reaching a height of 10 meters. Not to say that the Central Fountain and the Oval Fountain won’t leave you equally in awe.
- On the bus ride back to the city, you will have some time to glance at all of your photos, as you reflect on one of the most beautiful and memorable day trips from Rome.
- Bus from the meeting point to the Villas and back
- Admission fees
- Expert tour guide
- Group of 35 max
what's not included
- Pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is at the bus stop, right under Via Cavour building 224 (take Metro CAVOUR stop on Line B). Please arrive 25 minutes before the start of your tour to check-in with a member of our staff.
Please note – the meeting point is outside of our office. And for security reasons, we are not able to store any personal belongings at our office - so please plan accordingly.
Same location as the meeting point - Via Cavour 224 at the bus stop.
If you or any member of your party has difficulty with mobility (uses crutches or a wheelchair, etc.), please contact us in advance. This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Private tours are available to meet these needs, on request.
Free cancellation if you call within 48 hours of your tour.